The Chosen Few DJs are excited to officially announce that the Chosen Few Picnic & Music Festival will take place on July 1 and 2, 2017 in Chicago’s Jackson Park! As many of you know, last year we experimented with a few changes after 25 years that were designed to enhance your festival-going experience and provide greater opportunities for our sponsors and vendors. Some of the changes worked well, while some may not have been as successful as we had hoped. Most importantly, we listened closely to you, the attendees, and as a result have some updates to announce concerning this year’s event.
Here are 10 things you should know about the 2017 Chosen Few Picnic & Music Festival:
1. We will continue the Festival as a two-day event; surveys tell us the majority of our attendees prefer a two-day event, and we continue to believe that it makes fiscal and logistical sense from a production standpoint
2. Like Saturday, on Day 2 of the Festival we plan to focus on what we do best and what our core audience wants -House Music!
3. What you can bring into the park (tents, grills, food, drinks, etc.) will be the same on Day 1 and Day 2
4. We will no longer be a “cashless” event on Day 1 or Day 2; cash may be be used to purchase food and merchandise at the event on both days
5. Regarding our tent space packages (House and Underground packages), you will be able to purchase from 3 options while supplies last: Saturday only; Sunday only; or both days
6. With the tent space packages, you will have the option of either bringing your own 10 x 10 tent (and no larger) to cover your tent space or having Chosen Few supply the tent at a higher cost
7. We will take all necessary measures to ensure that there are no unreasonable wait times to enter the event
8. While we have begun in recent years to deliver to our crowd featured Guest DJs and performers from around the globe, and will continue to do so, in 2017 we plan to focus primarily on featuring and providing opportunities to several of our great hometown Chicago DJs and artists during the two-fay Festival
9. To get an earlier jump on things, we will be announcing our featured Guest DJs and performers during the month of January 2017
10. Tickets (Early Bird General Admission, VIP, and tent space packages) will go on sale in January 2017 (date to be announced)
Please stay tuned for more information and announcements. Thank you, and happy holidays! – Wayne, Jesse, Tony, Alan, Andre, Terry & Mike